February 27, 2013

The Love of My (Other) Life by Traci L. Slatton

The Love of My (Other) LifeThe Love of My (Other) Life by Traci L. Slatton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
What worlds would you move to be with your soulmate?

Painter Tessa Barnum is struggling. Her husband left, she's broke, about to be evicted and has made some serious missteps in her career.
When scruffy Brian Tennyson explodes into her life, claiming to be from an alternate universe, Tessa thinks he's a crazy vagabond - albeit one with mysterious and undeniable appeal.

Then he informs her that in his world, they're married.

Tessa's universe is turned upside down as the truth of love and loss, victory and humiliation, and second chances comes back to her. She has to choose love over logic to reach that state of anticipation where miracles unfold. The secret to her own life was always in her heart.

 I have a confession to make. I've read fan-fiction. Not as much as it used to be but I still am. Most of them was erotica, and I liked them. But reading erotic fan-fictions made me loose my ability to read erotic novels. I don't know why but I can't stand reading steamy scenes in novels. So imagine my disappointment when I saw this cover and imagine my joy when I realized this book isn't an erotica. I shouldn’t have judge the book by its cover!

Tessa Barnum is a starving artist. Her husband left, she's broke and one day a homeless man approaches her and claims they are married. In an alternate universe, of course *d'uh* Tessa doesn't believe him and wants him out of her life but he has "five days, four hours, and twenty-two minutes left" and until then he has no interests in to go anywhere else...

I really enjoyed this book. Much better than I expected. The romance in the book is sweet and has a creative, geeky plot. I found the book well written and I read it quite quickly. Characters are captivating and the story is very intriguing. My only problem with this book is the story felt a little rushed. But I was surprised with the end, I didn't quite see it coming and I loved the little twists and turns. This is a good book that keeps you fascinated until the end. I will probably read more by this author.



I received a review copy from the publisher
for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...