January 12, 2013

Three Stages of Love: Lust by T.C. Anthony

Three Stages of Love: Lust (#1)Three Stages of Love: Lust by T.C. Anthony
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Evangeline Chase is standing at the edge of a crossroad. After choosing to be blissfully ignorant for far too long and willfully ignoring what her life has been lacking, fate is about to intervene. When Alexander Mason, a striking and powerful venture capitalist, is introduced as her new boss, Eva is overwhelmed by an intoxicating cocktail of hormones and lust that leaves her struggling to maintain her composure and more importantly, control of her life.

With an undeniable urge to dominate her new boss, her own lust-filled fantasies lead to a transformation that shakes her to her core. But when Alexander challenges Eva to satisfy her carnal urges, she is forced to choose between her career, her desires, and an unconventional and lustful relationship. Consumed by fear and forced to maintain control at all costs, Eva must decide if having it all is worth risking her career, her world, and possibly, love.
I really don't want to write a long review since I wouldn't recommend this book, so I'm just going to state a few reasons why...

I really wanted to like this book. Clearly I'm in the minority here. Most people seemed to adore this book, while I merely thought it was plain bad. While I loved the premise of the story, I did not like the book. Before I start my review I like to summarise the book first but I don't know how to do it with this book because there is no story. Eva is not a likable character. Her character took away my enthusiasm. I felt no connection between the main characters and their romance. It was too rushed. I can't believe the entire book takes place in only 2 weeks and the way Alexander fall in love with her that much within that time.



I received a review copy from the publisher.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...